WELCOME TO THE TOWN OF CORTLANDVILLE
Cortlandville, New York is a dynamic town in Cortland County with all of the beauty and charm of a small town and the services of a large city.
The Town is in the former Central New York Military Tract (two million acres) established at the end of the Revolutionary War. This area was set aside to compensate New York’s soldiers after their participation in the Revolutionary War. John Miller and his family first settled the area in 1792 at Lorings Crossing. In 1829, the Town of Cortlandville was formed from the southern half of the Town of Homer. The original boundaries remained unchanged until 1845 when two parcels from the Town of Virgil were added to Cortlandville.